|3/4" Mainline - 15 PSI - 2 Zone Head Assembly|
Congratulations on your purchase of a 3/4" Mainline - 15 PSI - 2 Zone Head Assembly Kit from Drip Depot!
Please take a few minutes to read through these instructions and familiarize yourself with all the parts. For assistance with part names and details, you can print the list of parts included in your kit from the Kit item page on our website.
Drip Depot Irrigation kits are modular in design, as no two gardens are completely alike. Should you have any questions while installing your kit please feel free to email our Customer Support team or review some of our many resources in our Education Center, found under the "Learn" tab in the menu bar on our website.
Installing your Head Assembly
Please Note: The 2 Zone Head Assembly Kit can be installed on two separate faucets/spigots or the Faucet Y Splitter can be installed on a single spigot and each head assembly installed on one of the outlets for manually controlling two zones.
1. Install the Hose Thread Vacuum Breaker or Backflow Preventer, included in your kit, to the outdoor spigot or the outlet of the Faucet Y Splitter. Ensure this item has the rubber washer seated completely down inside the female threaded connection prior to installation. Hand tighten only, no teflon tape or pipe dope is required with hose threaded connections.
2. Next, install the Filter, included in your kit, to the vacuum breaker or backflow prevention device. Please ensure the rubber washer is seated completely down inside the female threaded connection prior to installation.
3. The Pressure Regulator is installed after the filter. Again, ensure the rubber washer is seated completely down inside the female threaded connection prior to installation. Please note the directional flow arrow on most pressure regulators for proper installation.
4. Lastly, the Female Hose Thread Tubing Adapter is installed on the outflow side of the pressure regulator. A helpful tip is to connect your tubing to the tubing adapter prior to connecting to your head assembly components. Most tubing adapters have a female swivel end for ease of installation.
5. Repeat the steps 1 - 4 for the second head assembly.
Please Note: If using a hose-end water timer to automate your drip system, the Head Assembly must be installed after/downstream of the timer or valve. Drip irrigation products are not rated for constant pressure use. Many municipal codes require the use of anti vandalism protection (set screw) on an outdoor water spigot backflow preventer. The J10 with locking screw may qualify when properly installed directly on the outdoor hose bibb. If used on an automatic water timer for your irrigation system we recommend not tightening the screw as the plastic threads of the timer can be permanently damaged if the backflow device is removed.