EZ-Flo Fertilizing System
3/4 Gal Instructions(2005HB)
2 Gal Instructions(2020HB)
*Please note: Maximum operating pressure is 50 PSI. This system may not be left under pressure
when idle. It must be installed after backflow protection and downstream of any zone valve or hose end water timer. If your water pressure is at 50 PSI or higher you must install a pressure regulator before the EZ-FLO connection.
These non-constant pressure EZ-FLO Low Pressure Hose Bib Fertilizer Injectors are an economical choice for fertigation. With the adjustable mix ratios, fertilizing with the EZ-FLO units is flexible and easy. The EZ-FLO injectors are ideal for backyard gardeners, commercial landscapers and small market gardens. Just fill the tank with 100% water soluble dry fertilizer or a concentrated liquid fertilizer and set the adjustment valve - it is that easy!
Products do not require dilution or premixing unless using a Flo-Disc or the manufacturer’s recommendation. Add the amount of fertilizer you want then fill the tank with water until all air is out of the tank. The system will mix the products automatically when the water is turned on.
- Polyethylene (PE) tank
- Cap with pick-up and agitation dip tubes
- Hose Bibb Adapter which connects directly to an outdoor faucet with a hose thread backflow preventer (backflow preventer sold separately)
- The inlet/outlet bypass tubing (1 black, 1 clear)
- Two (2) barbed on/off valves
- Set of Flow Discs
The hose threaded EZ-FLO units include the tank, cap, a hose bib adapter which connects directly to an outdoor faucet with a hose thread backflow preventer (backflow preventer sold separately), the inlet/outlet bypass tubing with barbed on/off valves and a set of flow discs for low flow applications.
EZ-FLO injectors require a low minimum flow of 120 GPH, but can operate down to 7.5 GPH when appropriate flow restriction discs, included with the unit, are installed. See the video linked above for help with flow disc selection and installation.
Each time the watering cycle is finished and the water shuts off, pressure must be released from the EZ-Flo tank by simply unscrewing the cap or by taking out the tubing, from the cap, using the quick release collets. If correctly installed and using a drip system the drip emitters will vent the pressure off the tank.
It is important to note the following:
- All EZ-FLO fertilizer injectors must have a backflow preventer installed to prevent fertilizer and other contaminates from entering your potable water supply
- Hose threaded EZ-FLO systems are not designed for use under constant pressure and must be placed inline after timers or valves
- Water pressure should never exceed 50 PSI or tank may rupture
- High temperature environments (where summer temperatures exceed 100° F (38° C) ) in combination with high water pressures may also cause PE & PVC plastics to weaken and the product too fail. Permanently installed fertigation units should be located in a valve box or other suitable location out of direct sunlight to minimize risk of failure from excessive heat and from the degrading effects of ultraviolet radiation. Protect your portable hose bibb units from direct sunlight for extended periods of time as well
- EZ-FLO injectors must be removed from service before freezing temperatures. Remove, drain, and store hose bibb models in garage or shed during winter season
See our full selection of EZ-Flo's Ferti-Maxx fertilizers, supplements, and enhancers in our Fertilizer category. For repair or replacement parts click here. Just need help selecting the right size Ez-Flo system, check out our EZ-FLO Buying Guide.
Please Note Warranty Limitations: EZ-FLO hose and drip systems (Models: 2005 & 2020) will split at the tank seam if subjected to constant (static) pressure. Hose and drip units are not designed to contain static (continued) pressure while idle. Please make sure that all water pressure is relieved from the system by relieving the pressure on the hose or sprinkler unit when not in use. In addition, a hose and drip unit subjected to operating pressures above 50 PSI will not be covered by Manufacturer Warranty. See details of EZ-FLO limited warranty.