Toro Evolution AG Wireless Weather Sensor
The Evolution AG Series Add-On Wireless Weather Sensor works exclusively with the Evolution AG Series controllers to manage water usage by using live temperature and solar measurements as well as historical weather data for a particular location to calculate the right amount of water needed from the irrigation system. The sensor then transmits the information wirelessly to the integrated Smart Connect® Receiver (sold separately), installed in the Evolution AG controller, then automatically updates the controller for hassle free water savings. Controller and the Add-On sensors communicate wirelessly through radio frequencies up to 1000' away (in direct line of sight). The weather sensor must be installed exposed to the elements of rain and sun.
- Adjustable sensor cap can be set to suspend operation at 1/8”, 1/4”,, 1/2” and 3/4” of rainfall (factory preset at 1/4")
- Rain sensor test pin to simulate operation of sensor to assure unit is working properly
- The sensor is supplied with an SD card which contains 10 years of historical weather information for North American based on ZIP Code or latitude/longitude locations. The data is used to generate the weather adjustments and can also be used as backup values if sensor communications are ever lost
- Uses one 9V battery (pre-installed) providing up to five years of service
- Low battery indicator and alert displayed on the EVOLUTION AG controller
- QuickClip mounting bracket is designed for easy installation on gutter or screwed to a solid surface