Hydro-Rain Wireless Rain/Freeze Sensor
HRC 100 RS RF Wireless Rain Sensor
Hydro-Rain®’s HRC 100 wireless rain or rain/freeze sensor saves water by automatically suspending irrigation watering cycles when it rains or freezes or both!
Features and Benefits
- Easy No Tools Required—Rain gutter mount bracket is equipped with a tool free bolt system that is both quick and intuitive to install.
- Adjustable Moisture Activation—1/8", ¼", ½", ¾", 1" rainfall settings for variable climates.
- Hygroscopic Discs—Absorb water to activate rain switch.
- Reliable Freeze Sensor Option—Shuts off timer when temperature drops to 37°F, protecting vegetation from the effects of freezing water.
- Universal—For use with most brands of 24 Volt sprinkler timers.
- Quick Rain Gutter Mount—No tools required for mounting the sensor to a rain gutter.
- Constant Communication—Every 30 seconds, (HRC 300/390 models), a signal between the transmitter and receiver for accurate timed water metering. All other timers transmit updated signal every 15 minutes.
- Transmission Range—Over 300 feet (91.4 m) line of sight.
- Manual Bypass Control—Allows for deactivation during sprinkler system maintenance.
- Dry Vent—Allows air to be circulated or dampened for fast or slow dry, effectively reducing time for the next watering cycle.
- Sensor Type: Industry-standard hygroscopic discs
- Rain Sensitivity: Adjustable nominal 1⁄8" to 1" (3-25mm)
- Freeze Sensitivity: 37°F (2,7°C) +/- 3°F
- Operating Temperature: 14° F~140° F ( -10° C~60° C)
- Housing Material: UV-resistant
- Receiver Power: 22-28 VAC
- Transmitter Power: Two CR2032 3V cell, 5-year life
- Transmitter: Height: 4" (10,1 cm)
- Length: 3.15" (8,0 cm)
- Receiver: Height: 3.75" (9,5 cm)
- Length: 1.1" (2,7 cm)
- AC Supply: 24~26VAC
- Relay Contacts Output: Normal Open and Normal Close 3A@24VAC