1/2" Air Vacuum Relief Valve by DIG
1/2" Air Vacuum Relief Valve
Protect your drip irrigation system by using DIG’s Air Vacuum Relief Valve with 1/2" male pipe threads to prevent back suctioning of debris into the drip line. The Air Vacuum Relief Valve allows air to escape the drip line when the system starts up until the pipe or drip line is full of water. It then allows air to enter back into the drip line when the drip system shuts off. This increases the efficiency and performance of your drip system.
Install one Air Vacuum Relief Valve per zone or per each 10 GPM flow. Installing Air Vacuum Relief Valves after the drip zone, along the drip line laterals and at the highest point in the drip system is recommended.
- Reduces maintenance requirements and extends drip system life
- Eliminates air pockets within a system zone for smooth and reliable operation
- Prevents vacuum conditions and stops debris or particles from entering the drip line via the drip emitters or drip line outlets
- Helps prevent suction that can cause the drip line to collapse, potentially pulling in dirt that can block the drip emitters
- Perfect sealing under very low system pressure
- Constructed of UV-resistant, durable plastic material to withstand the most adverse conditions